Collection of Information
In the online 'Contact Us' message process, C1 Truck Driver Training requests or may request that you provide personal information, including your name, street address, e-mail address, telephone number, contact information, and any other information from which your identity is discernible. C1 Truck Driver Training may also collect demographic information that is not unique to you such as your ZIP code. Sometimes we collect or may collect a combination of the two types of information.
C1 Truck Driver Training does not knowingly collect any information from or about a child without the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. Given that our Web site primarily advertises for commercial driver's license (CDL) training classes, and that a person must be at least 18 to receive even an intrastate restricted CDL, C1 Truck Driver Training operates under the assumption that any requests for information is from an individual who has reached the age of majority.
We also may gather certain information about your use of our site, such as what areas you visit and what services you access. Moreover, there is information about your computer hardware and software that is or may be collected by C1 Truck Driver Training. This information can include without limitation your IP address, browser type and version, domain names, access times any referring URL, and any URLs you visit from our site.
Retention of Data
C1 Truck Driver Training retains indefinitely all the information that we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use of our site more efficient, practical, and relevant.
Use of Information by Driver Solutions
We use the information we gather on a C1 Truck Driver Training Web site, whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purpose of operating and improving the C1 Truck Driver Training Web site, fostering a positive user experience, and delivering the services that we offer.
We may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from C1 Truck Driver Training or other companies whose products or service may be of interest to you, or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered. (The term "affiliated companies" is defined in the section of this Statement entitled "Contact Information.")
We may use your contact information in order to send you e-mail or other communications regarding updates at the C1 Truck Driver Training site, such as new C1 Truck Driver Training opportunities. The nature and frequency of these messages will vary depending upon the information we have about you.
We do not disclose to third parties your personal information, combined personal and demographic information, or information about your use of a C1 Truck Driver Training Web site (such as the areas you visit or the services you access), except as set forth below.
- We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure.
- We may supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We may use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the products or services of a particular third-party.
- We may disclose such information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include hosting our Web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
- We may disclose such information as required or permitted by law. Additionally, we may disclose such information if requested to do so by a governmental entity, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of C1 Truck Driver Training, its affiliated companies, or its employees; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. C1 Truck Driver Training may also disclose and/or transfer your personal information to a buyer or transferee of all or a portion of its assets in conjunction with the sale or transfer of such assets.
- C1 Truck Driver Training may also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to each of its Web sites with its clients, partners and other third parties so that they may understand the kinds of visitors to C1 Truck Driver Training's site(s) and how those visitors use the site.
C1 Truck Driver Training uses "cookies" to help personalize and maximize your online experience and time online. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard drive by a Web site server. Cookies are stored on your computer's hard drive, and each cookie serves as an index into a database.
You may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline all cookies if you prefer. Alternatively, you may be able to modify your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis. If you choose to decline cookies, however, that may hinder performance and negatively impact your experience on the C1 Truck Driver Training Web site.
C1 Truck Driver Training is a name under which C1 Truck Driver Training, LLC, an Indiana corporation with its principal place of business at 3603 E Raymond Street, Indianapolis, IN 46203, and certain of its affiliated companies, do business. ("Affiliated companies" means entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with C1 Truck Driver Training, LLC) C1 Truck Driver Training, LLC is the legal entity that determines the purposes and means of processing the information gathered at the C1 Truck Driver Training Web sites. The information we gather on any C1 Truck Driver Training Web site may be shared within C1 Truck Driver Training, LLC and its affiliated companies.
We welcome your comments concerning this Privacy Statement. If you believe that we have not adhered to this Statement, please contact us by e-mailing us at privacy(at)c1training.com.